Oxhey Vision and Values
A Happy Place to Learn and Grow
At Oxhey First School our aims are summarised in four words
EQUALITY -For every child to feel happy, healthy, safe and valued in school so that they may develop into happy and confident members of society.
EXCELLENCE - Develop lively and enquiring minds gaining knowledge and understanding and thus develop a lifelong love of learning.
RESPECT - Develop tolerance and have respect for the religious and moral beliefs, rights and views of others.
TEAMWORK -Appreciate everyone’s achievements and aspirations.
- We all implement agreed policies and procedure
- We all aim to be the best we can be
- Pride in the whole school environment/work/displays
- High expectations in all our work (children staff, Governors)
- We all own everyones behaviour
- Focus on common goals
- Not to accept the way it is but to make it even better!
- Raise aspiration of children.
- Support and not blame
- Sharing achievements
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Aware of the bigger picture within school
- Show respect / Being aware of every ones role
- Stepping in at a moments notice to help out
- Taking on short term additional responsibilities for someone
- Independent thinkers / resourceful
- Being approachable
- Good listener
- Critical friend
- Open / Communicate
- Appreciation of each others role
- Know and value every persons contribution to school life
- Mentor/coaching/ Supportive
- Addresses problems
- Shared honest and open staffroom
- Inclusion at the heart
- Awareness of other
- Everyone can achieve
- Open minded
- Learning and improving